Saturday, September 18
A New Beginning
A ministry for those healing from divorce
Grace Martinez, Cynthia Jones Campbell, Jett Clyne.
Photo by Julius Acero
By: Sue M. Powers
Hundreds even thousands of Starling Wings;
creating a symphony sailing across the Sky,
a Heavenly dance for those of us fortunate enough
to be at this place… at this time…
Look up, See the Dance, The Illusion is Other Worldly,
We are awestruck… this is God Centered,
If we are so moved we are touched in the vulnerable and
“All is Place”.
I wonder… does God observe our “Soul Filled Prayers” in this way.
As a Beautiful Symphony across the Universe, Presented to Praise.
We are; “Dancing in Meditation, A Prayerful Harmony, A Moving
Melodic Filled Hymn” addressed to THE LORD…
Murmurings in our Glorious and Melodic Ribbon of Song
Our Prayers Gliding Through Space…
God is Everywhere…
God is Within Us…
God is Love…
First Friday Adoration
2:00 - 7:00 pm
Blessed Sacrament Chapel
Come for quiet prayer before our Lord Jesus for 10, 20, 30 minutes. To commit to one hour, contact
Catholic News Agency article:
24 Reasons for Spending a Holy Hour before the Blessed Sacrament
Also visit: Prayer, Lent
Ushers welcome us as we arrive to worship, helping us find our way around the worship space and into comfortable seats, facilitating our processions (especially at Communion), and handing out worship aids and bulletins. They also help all of us be responsible stewards by taking up the collection at the liturgy. Ushers are especially needed at the 11:00 am Mass. Contact: Paul Collier
Event Hospitality & Baking
Contact: Teresa Runyon
Life Centers help women make healthy and informed decisions. Your generous support provides free testing, ultrasounds, counseling, resources, referrals, education and baby supplies for women and men who are facing an unplanned pregnancy. They provide emotional support and practical needs free of charge in a completely confidential setting for those in crisis pregnancies.
Offers assistance with meals to those who are recovering from illness, accidents, injuries, and surgeries.
(805) 482·6417, email@example.com
Find more information and the list of support ministries that are open and offered right here at the parish at Care & Support Ministries.
A fellowship ministry where LGBTQ brothers, sisters, and their families and friends in Christ are welcome in a safe harbor to explore spirituality and share experiences, strength, and hope.
Sue Powers and Margaret Vesprini
Photo By Julius Acero
Sacristans ensure that all the materials needed to celebrate liturgy are ready and in place for each celebration.
Photography by Julius Acero
Fr. Patrick, Marcia Galles, Catherine Shadduck.
Photo by Julius Acero
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted”
– Matthew 5:4
Offers loving, caring support to those who have lost a loved one.
Covid Update: Those who are unvaccinated are encouraged to wear masks.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Novena
On June 13, 2018 we celebrated the third anniversary of the start of our devotion.
You can save a life! Please know:
“Christ calls us to attend to those who have mental illness and provide hope and healing.”
Padre Serra is committed to accompanying you and your loved one and offers these resources:
- Recommendation mental health professionals in our area. To obtain the list, contact Teresa Runyon firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 482·6417 x322
- Our parish Support and Care Ministries and Referrals
- St. Julie Billiart (Newbury Park) Mental Health Ministry: stjulieschurch.org/mental-health-ministry.
We have partnered with St. Julie’s to bring awareness and support through information events.
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles Mental Health Resources: old.la-archdiocese.org/org/oljp/Pages/Mental-Health-and-Suicide
- California Bishop’s Pastoral Letter on caring for those with mental illness Hope and Healing: www.cacatholic.org/hope_and_healing
- Christianity and Mental Illness, an article by Julianne Miles at Catholic News Agency catholicnewsagency.com
- Podcast Series with Katie Prejean McGrady
Ave Explores: Stress, Anxiety, and Mental Health
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- Catholic Counselors - Dr. Greg Popcak
- More2Life Podcast - Dr. Greg Popcak
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- NAMI Ventura
Questions: Teresa Runyon email@example.com or (805) 482·6417 x322.
Behind The Scenes
Funerals & Memorials
Knights Of Columbus
Message Of The Week